The is the representative body of medical, science and exercise personnel involved directly or indirectly in .
Medical provision to Professional Football Clubs has made an enormous leap over the last decade and the quality and excellence of medical care is now amongst the best in the world. In providing such high standards there has been a huge increase in the number of medical personnel employed, directly or indirectly, by clubs to provide this care. As such our Members include such diverse specialities as physiotherapists, doctors, sports scientists (S & C Coaches/Analysts), sports therapists and masseurs and (indirectly) acupuncturists, surgeons, podiatrists, nutritionists, osteopaths, dentists, opticians and sports psychologists.
The aims of LMedA are:
- To represent the interests of all medical personnel to The Football Association, Premier League, Football League and other governing bodies.
- To co-ordinate and deliver a range of support services to our Members in order to further their personal and professional development.
- To protect the rights and privileges of its Members.
- To develop close relationships with other associations within the game in particular The Football Association, the League Managers Association, the Players Football Association and the Referees Association.
- To assist in delivering a high level of medical services throughout the leagues and to standardise such services to allow for continuation of care for all players in the game.
- To establish and develop close working relationships with our commercial partners and sponsors.
- To act as a single point of contact for Members and their Clubs in dealing with all medical related issues.